Ben and Clare go through the grab bag questions from customers focused around planning looking at where you should start with your marketing, how to work out your marketing budget and different ways to track your return on investment.
The questions we covered:
- Where do I start with marketing?
- How do I know how much marketing budget I should allow?
- What is the best way to track my return on investment on my marketing efforts?
Free Marketing Plan Template
The Areas to Consider in your Marketing Plan
Vision – Where are we going?
What do we want to be? How do we want to be thought of? Long term objectives, blue sky
Review – What’s already working?
What social posts grab attention? Which ads get the most clicks? Which are the top converting landing pages?
Audience – Who are our best customers?
What are the customer goals and how do we help our customer achieve them?
- Goal one
- Goal two
- Goal three
Buying stages to be aware of when engaging with your customer
What do we need to create for the customer at each stage?
- What are their pains, anxieties, hopes and fears?
- How do current customers describe the product?
- Who has the problem? Is it the same person who is looking?
- Where do they look for recommendation?
- How can we reach them?
- What’s the backstory? Why should they care?
- What are the products values or impact on the customer? Features -> benefits -> value
- What do they know already?
- How will they compare us?
- How long will this process take?
- What do they need to know to make a decision?
- Who will make the decision?
- How do they buy from us? And how can we make this easy?
Review and Reflect
Competitors – Who do we need to beat?
Who are they? What do they do well? Where do they fall short?
Strategy – How do we get there?
Actions we need to take to reach our vision.
Improve – How did we get on?
What worked? What can we do better? How many conversions did we get?