Ben and Al discuss whether marketing has lost it’s personal touch, LinkedIn tips and Website design trends.
If you have any feedback, ideas or topics you’d like covered on our podcast we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch via our contact page, leave a voicemail on 0800 881 5805 or mention @RatherInventive on Twitter.
Something Inventive is an entertaining and lively podcast on creativity and the web. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or search for ‘Something Inventive’ in your favourite podcast player.
Episode sponsored by Ticked Off Marketing Checklist
Simple marketing tasks to act on right away. Each task includes examples, downloads or the steps needed to complete it, plus a big button to tick it off when you’re done. Sign up for a free 30 day trial at ticked-off.com with just your name and email and no credit card.
183 degree fish eye lens
Google Home Mini
Apple HomePod smart speaker
Mr Robot TV series
- Has marketing lost it’s personal touch?
Keep Your Word blog
- Removing the BS from marketing and telling it like it is
- Companies forget that they are selling to people
- Marketing automation gone OTT
- Bark, personal, named emails coming through several a day
- Remarketing targeting products you’ve already bought!
- Rework – ‘Ignore this book at your own peril’ Seth Godin
#Podvert – internetfuture.com/social-media-training
- The Best LinkedIn Profiles and Company Pages in 2017
Social Media Management Tool – Sendible
- Google Fonts
- Font Squirrel
Al Osmond (@inventiveal) – An unusual mix of logical thinker with a creative eye
Ben Kinnaird (@benkinnaird) – Knower of Social Media, SEO and ‘the Web’
Be part of the show
Tweet a service or product you’d like to promote, mentioning @RatherInventive and the hashtag #podvert and we’ll read it out over the coming episodes
Thanks for listening!
Audio edited by Donalize – ‘Goofy Vocal Groove‘ intro music by Dave Girtsman – Image Credit: My What A Big Nose You Have by Gavin Mawditt – Gift of the Gav