During this weeks session we open the club and invite guest members Frank Szucs (Bauxit Painting & Decorating) and Holly Foskett-Barnes (Bristol Illustrator) to have a website review where we share SEO tips, content ideas and different ways to draw more traffic to their websites.
Bauxit Painting & Decorating Notes
- Always ask for testimonials
- Have a call option on homepage banner
- Split large text sections up with subheadings
- Make sure you are on local directories i.e. Yell, Trustatrader, Checkatrade, Rated Ppl.
- Google search your keywords and review your competitions websites
- Update Google My Business page
- Review how many times your competitors use their keywords on their website
- Think about creating service pages focused on localised areas you cover for the future
- Add in local areas where possible i.e. on images, on testimonials, footer
- Put your company address in the footer
- Make site title: Interior Exterior Painting Hereford – Bauxit
- Run each of your pages through Text Optimiser to see if they are covering the topic areas and keywords effectively
- Regularly write news articles/casestudies/ questions people are asking about your area of expertise
- Make sure news articles have internal links to your service pages
- Review your current keyword position on Google and review each month.
Bristol Illustrator Holly Foskett-Barnes Notes
- Make web logo link to your homepage
- Start to build a page for each anchor/offering and gradually build up page content with images and relevant text.
- Start with a dedicated page page on Art Commissions
- Add a FAQ section
- CTA contact button
- Talk about your process
- Where they can see you/meet you
- Share a video of you working (ensure video is landscape – works best for web)
- Share a timescape of you producing a piece of work
- Talk about your process/inspiration
- Examples of work
- Pricing – don’t be shy to share this.
- Phases like ‘Commission range from….’ will filter out the people who can’t/ won’t want to pay
- Also promote affordable prints/ lower priced work for those people who can’t afford a commission
- Keywords in titles/paragraph text need to be Artwork Commissions Bristol and variations of this throughout your website
- Add location into page titles
- Add names and locations to testimonials
- Increase size of paragraph text
- Mention commissions in your shop area