Join my Marketing Club to get articles like this delivered to your inbox.
Something Inventive 29: Bath Digital Festival Special – Part one
/ Clare Harris
Al and Ben have been on location at the Bath Digital Festival, soaking up talks and workshops on everything to do with technology, marketing and business. We thought we’d do something fun for this episode and have to recorded our experience through-out the two days in video as well as audio.
We hope you like it. Part two available here
If you have any feedback, ideas or topics you’d like covered on our podcast we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch via our contact page, leave a voicemail on 0800 881 5805 or mention @RatherInventive on Twitter.
Something Inventive is an entertaining and lively podcast on creativity and the web. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or search for ‘Something Inventive’ in your favourite podcast player.
Episode sponsored by our SEO report
- Bath Digital Festival 2018
- Janusz Stabik, Grow Your Digital Agency
- Compete on knowledge not price.
- Grow to sell even if you don’t sell it – Think franchise
- Review your strategy (where we’re going and how we’re going to get there) every 90 days
- New frontiers in digital creativity – Nick Ellis, Halo
- Purpose is the why. Know this and you will deliver valuable insight
- Blogs are ‘b****cks’ on the whole
- Hear your audience, listen to your instinct
- Jamie Ellul, Supple Studio
- Just say yes!
- Follow your passion and the paper (aka money) will follow!
- Kate Gorringe,Mr B & Friends 7 golden rules:
- 1. Be creative, not digital first.
- 2. Stop colouring in wireframes.
- 3. Blend real and virtual worlds.
- 4. This rule was skipped over…
- 5. Let your imagination run wild.
- 6. Never forget your brand purpose.
- 7 be a cynic.
- Pedigree SelfieStix case study
- Build a Computer Game – Charlie Coggans, Mayden Academy
- Digital PR and SEO @stekenwright
- Don’t forget about Bing (it helps answers Alexa queries)
- Google looks for EAT in your site, and sites linking to you; Expertise, Authority and Trust
- Good content can beat inbound links
- Secrets of Social Media -Paul Wickers – Huggg
- Look for the Human story, not just data journeys – and meet the real people
- People remember how they feel more than other factors
- For every success story, there are multiple failure stories
- Swoon Gelato
- Social media is extremely time-consuming
- Peoples attention span dropped from 14 seconds in 2000 to 8 seconds in 2018
- Try and turn a negative into a positive on social media
- Lightning Talks
- Talk to customers
- People learn in different ways
- Limit your time in fixing a tough problem to 2-3 hours (timeboxing)
- Digital Creativity
- Your brand is co-owned by you and your customer
- Purpose before profit
- Don’t just colour in wireframes to create your site design
- Immersive Stories
umm, there’s lots of clever people researching the future of AI right now
Be part of the show
Tweet a service or product you’d like to promote, mentioning @RatherInventive and the hashtag #podvert and we’ll read it out over the coming episodes.
If you like the show please give us a rating in iTunes and we’ll read out your comment. You can do this from the podcast player on Apple.
Thanks for listening!
If you like the show please give us a rating in iTunes. It helps share it with other people.
Thanks for listening!
Join my Marketing Club
Get regular advice on marketing, video and the web so you become more effective in business. Pro Members get access to live webinars, exclusive discounts and other perks.