How people find your site, tracking sales and setting up a dashboard.
Social Media Round Table
What is Google Analytics?
Free tool to track people who visit your website Like a security camera in a shop but not as creepy
How do I install Google Analytics? Don’t have GA installed?
I’ll help you
Book free half hour session
Questions to ponder on
Who uses Google Analytics?
How do you need your site to improve? What information do you need to track?
- What are you trying to measure? Sales, Downloads, Form fills?
- Social engagement? Best marketing channels?
- Overview of Google Analytics (GA)
- Key sections
- Real-time, Audience, Acquisition, Behaviour, Conversion
- IMC7 – Google Analytics – 29 October 2019
- Select account – Five key sections
- Change date range – Export
Terms you should know
- Users: Unique visitors
- Sessions: A block of time spent on your site
- Bounce rate: A single page visit
- Pages/session: Average pages viewed in one session
How people find your site
- Best sources
- For new traffic
- For new visitors
- For people who spend time on your site • Where you money is coming from !
- Connect Google Search Console
What keywords drive traffic and SERP
- GSC performance
- What people do on your site?
- Popular pages? Where do they click next?
- Tracking conversions
- Which sources generated sales? Does Instagram deliver email sign ups?
- View only data from people who buy Or people who who visit key pages
- View just the sources where traffic converted
- See which landing pages they saw
- Campaign URL generator
- Get more clarity from inbound links
- https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign– url-builder/
- Setting up a dashboard report
- Stay informed with regular updates
- Custom dashboard
- datastudio.google.com “