Ben shares his method for developing a blog and content strategy which will help get your business found online.
What is a blog
- Insight into your business
- A passive help desk
- Helps to build credibility and influence
- Longer social media posts
- Search optimisation
Why you should write one
- Get more leads
- Educate our customers
- Improve SEO to key product pages
- Support sales/ tech support
Who will read it
- Who you are writing for?
- Think of your best customers
- Address their key needs
- What attracts their attention?
- How can you help them achieve their goals?
- What social platforms do they use?
- What search terms will they use?
- How can you solve their problems?
- How can you align with their goals?
- How will the compare you?
- What questions do they ask you?
- What’s their buying checklist?
- What reservations will they have?
- Do they need to consult with others?
- How can you make the sales process easier?
Different blog styles & content type
- Help someone -Hints & Tips
- Questions you get asked alot – FAQs
- Misconceptions people have about your industry
- Insider info/ secrets
- Mistakes people make and how to avoid them
- Things you wished more of your clients knew
- Provide an insight into you and your business
- Customer interviews and casestudies – Testimonials
- Benefits of your products – What makes you different?
- Is it based around a relevant topic?
- Am I adding value?
- Do people desire to see it?
- Will they share it?
Keywords & SEO
- Keywords in the title, headings and copy
- Keyword variations and related words
- Link to related pages
- Include images, videos, lists and tables
- IMC43: SEO with Yoast
- Create a regular event in your diary
- Find a place that removes distractions
- Make a routine
- Start small
- Write for your audience
- Write the snippet first
- Read around the subject
- Record your ideas and transcribe them
Ask for action
- Email signup
- Find out more
- Buy related products
- Get in contact for help
Images & Video
- Increase page views
- Helps people scan content
- Makes visible in social feeds
- People more likely to read