How to use Facebook in your business, grow your audience and win customers.
Introduction to Facebook
- Used by people in their personal lives to communicate with family and friends
- Use as a news source
- Community and common interest groups – keep up-to-date with what’s going on in a local area or share information / experience related to interests
Why should you use Facebook?
- You use should Facebook if you are a B2C business
- It provides you with access to your target audience
- Enables both current and potential customers to communicate directly with you
- Helps to build brand awareness and increase sales
Setting up a Business page
- Business pages are created within a personal page
- Add at least 1 other person as an administrator
- Ensure all key pieces of business information are present and updated
- Make it easy for people to find and recognise you
- Profile photos and cover photos need to be the correct size.
- Make use of the Call to Action button – Learn more, Buy now
- Posts need to be interesting and eye catching
- Sharing posts about a variety of topics related to your business is essential
- Plan and prepare your posts in advance – ideally 2 weeks
- Consider the photos, imagery and video you need to create / gather
- Encourage your audience to comment and interact – questions, opinions
What to share
- Inform your audience about your products and services
- Don’t share “salesy” posts
- Share what you have been up to – creating a product or delivering a service
- Document your journey and bring people to the forefront
- Develop campaigns – social calendar, seasons of the year, specific to your sector
- Blogs and articles
- Sharing posts regularly is important to build momentum & be visible
- Be careful not to over share!
- Schedule posts using Facebook’s scheduling tool
- Review the best times of day and days of the week to publish content
- A visual element is essential – photo, infographic, link, video
- Add video files if possible – better performance
- Analyse performance of the page and posts once a month
- Identify any trends to factor into future posts
- What are you aiming for?
- Audience growth
- Increased reach
- Link clicks
- Google Analytics – clicks, journeys and enquiries/ sales
- Make it easy for people to find you – signpost in other marketing activities
- Encourage customers to leave Reviews and recommend you on Facebook
- Consider Ads – awareness or sales focused.
- Add Jobs to your page