Something Inventive 22: Bad Interfaces – Snapchat, Facebook and Big Brands
Jonathan Pollinger (stepping in for Al) joins Ben to discuss Snapchat’s recent design change, Facebook’s news feed favouring ‘meaningful social interactions’ and big brands on social media.
If you have any feedback, ideas or topics you’d like covered on our podcast we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch via our contact page, leave a voicemail on 0800 881 5805 or mention @RatherInventive on Twitter.
Something Inventive is an entertaining and lively podcast on creativity and the web. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or search for ‘Something Inventive’ in your favourite podcast player.
Episode sponsored by Ticked Off Marketing Checklist
Simple marketing tasks to act on right away. Each task includes examples, downloads or the steps needed to complete it, plus a big button to tick it off when you’re done. Sign up for a free 7 day trial at ticked-off.com with just your email and no credit card.
- Example of a bad menu design –Hawaii Nuclear Threat alert evacuation procedure/screenshots of GUI
- Snapchat – new features/demographic/petition
- 7 Day Free Trial with Ticked-off
- Facebook Zero Reach
- The Oat Meal Comic Strip – Facebook evolution strip
- Facebook Custom Audiences list
- Remarketing – Google Adwords
- GDPR – an opportunity for Facebook?
- Chickenless KFC?
- KFC Apology
- Book Recommendation – So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson
- Blog: How Sarah Jones Grew SEO Traffic from 8k-30k in 4 Months
- Introverted Alpha
- Blog: How to make a great video
- Web Expo Guildford
- Blog: Do you have customers or an audience?
Be part of the show
Tweet a service or product you’d like to promote, mentioning @RatherInventive and the hashtag #podvert and we’ll read it out over the coming episodes
Thanks for listening!