Something Inventive 15: Don’t put all your eggs in one bucket
Ben asks if we rely on computers or software too much and Al answers with a firm yes. We bring up some topical examples where systems have failed and how people deal with the outcome, or don’t as the case most often is. And we wonder if now, is the time for QR codes to shine?
Something Inventive is an entertaining and lively podcast on creativity and the web. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or search for ‘Something Inventive’ in your favourite podcast player.
Episode sponsored by Be Sociable
Easy-to-follow social media tips and strategy to get noticed by the right people for the right reasons. Available for iPhone, iPad and Mac for £9.99. Or get it free by subscribing to our email newsletter at the bottom of this web page.
- Richard Ayoade & Chris O’Dowd smash and steal Snow Globes
- Guy Martin Road Racer
- BA computer crash
- NHS Hack
- Photobucket ‘ransom message’
- #Podvert: @stroudcluster – Cluster is an amazing co-working studio for digital creatives in Chalford. Great coffee and good company! https://www.stroudcluster.com
- Something Inventive EP10 – Discussion on Facebook Zero reach with Jonathan Pollinger
- iPhone iOS 11 can now read QR codes
- Colourful QR codes
- QR code generator
- #Podvert: @LouiseJenner1 – #YourDreamJob How to find it and get hired to do it! Download free ebook. https://louisejenner.com/ebook/
- I’m a Paranoid Optimist – Episode of Download podcast with good discussion of how websites and web services make money, and building communities on the internet.
Promote your service for the price of a tweet
If you’d like the opportunity to have an advert for your product or service read out on our podcast, for FREE! Simply tweet what you’d like to promote, mentioning @RatherInventive and the hashtag #podvert and we’ll read it out over the coming episodes. Here’s an example:
‘Sick of writing boring blog posts? Try Wordbirdy.com #podvert @RatherInventive’
First come, first served. So get your tweets in early.