Ben chairs a discussion with Nicky Ayers (Ecl-ips CCTV), Catherine Every (Pippin Copywriting) and Jon Johnson (Mountain Perspective) looking at how future trends and challenges could impact on our strategies for lead generation.
What could the future of marketing look like?
You don’t own the platform
- Rely on social and ads for new customers
- The sales funnel is out of your control
- No direct access to audience
- What happens if their policies change?
People prefer to buy/work online
- People prefer digital experiences – Easier, quicker.
- Remote working reduces town centre visitors
- How do they find out about you?
Search is voice only
- In the car, jogging, cooking
- Voice assistants only surface the first few results
- How do you get found in a sea of a thousand results?
Tracking is dead
- Browser tracking cookies are being blocked
- Email is hiding your opens and clicks
- How can we target them on other platforms?
- Do we need to collect so much data?
What you can do about it
Build a strong brand
- Trusted and consistent
- Meet people where they are then invite them back to your place – your website
- Work with partners or as a group
- Make use of their audience
- Refer often
- Focus on personality (brand)
- Make it useful, share something of value, have fun
- Great audio/lighting
Use structured data
- Answer questions, add FAQ schema
- Be the ultimate answer on Google
Create email and social posts people really want to read, watch or be part of