53: Three Counties and Cotswolds Tourism Forum 2020 round-up
Through my Fastershire links, I get to work with many businesses in the hospitality and tourism industry. So when event organiser, Steve Gardner-Collins invited me to come along to the Three Counties and Cotswolds Tourism Forum with a press pass to cover the event, I thought it would be a great opportunity to get to learn more about this sector.
Sponsors for this episode:
- 34SP.com – A Fast, Secure and Managed WordPress host based in the UK. Visit 34sp.com and use the code WPINVENTIVE at checkout to get your first three months of hosting completely free.
- BombBomb.com – A simple way to create and send personal video by email. Visit vid.us/somethinginventive to get 10 video examples from real users.
Interviews & notes
- James Hallum Insurance Brokers
- Specialists in insurance for hospitality
- Bushel + Peck Cider
- Tasty cider. Sorry Dad, this stuffs a little sweeter than yours
- The Patisserie box
- OMG, very tasty puds!
- Harts Barn Cookery
- Working with young people in all areas of hospitality
- Importance of addressing accessibility, it helps everyone.
Jackie Pennington & Adam Jones
- Berkeley Castle (Jackie)
- Aerospace Bristol (Adam)
- Importance of partnerships in business
- Great examples of how pubs, attractions and coach companies can work together to benefit everyone while providing a simpler (and arguably better) outcome
- HomeAway Vacation Rentals
- Getting local with big business
- Chief executive of Cheltenham Trust
- How leaders can encourage co-operation and partnership internal as well as links with other businesses.
- Cotswold Taste
- The importance of local
- Again, how and why partnerships are important
- The Boutique Distillery
- Tasty Gin!
- Truckle Cheese company
- I didn’t get to try the cheese but it look tasty!
- “If we want change we have to change what we are doing”
- “Stop talking, start doing something. And do it together”
- Visit England
- ‘Micro Gapping’ – Taking a gap year win just a few days, cheap, quicker. e.g. Silent disco beach clean
- GenY and giving back
- Cotswolds Tourism
- Supporting and helping members with campaigns such as dog friendly places to go in The Cotswolds.
- A digital notice board for locals, business and everyone. Interesting idea
- Sales Director Hatton Collection & Event organiser to TCCTF2020
- And man of many hats, this guys does a lot of other charity work too
- Thanks for inviting me!
If you like the show please give us a rating in iTunes. It helps share it with other people.
Thanks for listening!
Sign up to my free Marketing Boost webinar
to kickstart your marketing for 2020.
We’re all guilty of focusing on the stuff that has little impact – vanity metrics such as Facebook Likes, website visits, or Youtube subscribers – without paying attention to the things that really matter. Customer experience.
Join me to learn how to find the right customers, create great content
and a develop a sustainable approach to marketing.