Something Inventive 12: From Terminator to Xero
Subscribe to our iTunes podcast feed or search for ‘Something Inventive’ in your favourite podcast player.
Episode sponsored by Be Sociable
Easy-to-follow social media tips and strategy to get noticed by the right people for the right reasons.
Available for iPhone, iPad and Mac for £9.99. Or get it free by subscribing to our email newsletter at the bottom of this web page.
- Web Expo Guildford – A conference with inspirational speakers from the creative and technical industries
- The Rather Inventive newsletter
- Helen Coldicott – Social media training
- WXG speaker: Task Walker – Human behaviour, too much choice (Ben’s bug bear), utility not content
- The £60 Wusthof knife
- Buyer’s remorse – ‘is the sense of regret after having made a purchase.’
- WXG speaker: Steve Bartlett – Multiple message from different sources can improve chance of conversion, Make people feel something positive or negative
- Trending tweet experiment
- Ron Johnson’s book ‘So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed‘
- WXG speaker: Conor Ward – User testing: ‘Look at people’s behaviour not what they say
- PODVERT: Rethink Printing – Save money on Ink and Toner and make printing fun again with a hassle free managed printer from Rethink
- WXG speaker: Guy Armitage – How not to be replaced by AI: Understanding over remembering, cognitive over manual, agility over routine, story telling over information
- The Terminator film
- Xero accounting software
- Aliens film
- 2001: A Space Odessey film
- What Star Trek got right about modern technology
- DARPA/Boston Dynamics Big Dog video
- WXG speaker: Gion-Men Kruegel – Less strategy, more doing (Ben totally agrees)
- DO WHAT YOU CAN’T video by CaseyNeistat (He’s a YouTuber)
- PODVERT: Astute Graphics – Learn 9 ways to reduce file size in Illustrator https://astutegraphics.com/blog/9-ways-minimize-file-size-adobe-illustrator/
Promote your service for the price of a tweet
If you’d like the opportunity to have an advert for your product or service read out on our podcast, for FREE! Simply tweet what you’d like to promote, mentioning @RatherInventive and the hashtag #podvert and we’ll read it out over the coming episodes. Here’s an example:
‘Sick of writing boring blog posts? Try Wordbirdy.com #podvert @RatherInventive’
First come, first served. So get your tweets in early.
If you like the show please give us a rating in iTunes. It helps share it with other people.
Thanks for listening!
Join my Marketing Club
Get regular advice on marketing, video and the web so you become more effective in business. Pro Members get access to live webinars, exclusive discounts and other perks.