Subscribe to our iTunes podcast feed or search for ‘Something Inventive’ in your favourite podcast player.
Episode sponsored by Be Sociable
Easy-to-follow social media tips and strategy to get noticed by the right people for the right reasons.
Available for iPhone, iPad and Mac for £9.99. Or get it free by subscribing to our email newsletter at the bottom of this web page.
- Web Expo Guildford – A conference with inspirational speakers from the creative and technical industries
- The Rather Inventive newsletter
- Helen Coldicott – Social media training
- WXG speaker: Task Walker – Human behaviour, too much choice (Ben’s bug bear), utility not content
- The £60 Wusthof knife
- Buyer’s remorse – ‘is the sense of regret after having made a purchase.’
- WXG speaker: Steve Bartlett – Multiple message from different sources can improve chance of conversion, Make people feel something positive or negative
- Trending tweet experiment
- Ron Johnson’s book ‘So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed‘
- WXG speaker: Conor Ward – User testing: ‘Look at people’s behaviour not what they say
- PODVERT: Rethink Printing – Save money on Ink and Toner and make printing fun again with a hassle free managed printer from Rethink
- WXG speaker: Guy Armitage – How not to be replaced by AI: Understanding over remembering, cognitive over manual, agility over routine, story telling over information
- The Terminator film
- Xero accounting software
- Aliens film
- 2001: A Space Odessey film
- What Star Trek got right about modern technology
- DARPA/Boston Dynamics Big Dog video
- WXG speaker: Gion-Men Kruegel – Less strategy, more doing (Ben totally agrees)
- DO WHAT YOU CAN’T video by CaseyNeistat (He’s a YouTuber)
- PODVERT: Astute Graphics – Learn 9 ways to reduce file size in Illustrator https://astutegraphics.com/blog/9-ways-minimize-file-size-adobe-illustrator/
Promote your service for the price of a tweet
If you’d like the opportunity to have an advert for your product or service read out on our podcast, for FREE! Simply tweet what you’d like to promote, mentioning @RatherInventive and the hashtag #podvert and we’ll read it out over the coming episodes. Here’s an example:
‘Sick of writing boring blog posts? Try Wordbirdy.com #podvert @RatherInventive’
First come, first served. So get your tweets in early.