IMC Podcast #1 Creating an SEO strategy
In this episode, I feature an extract from my club webinar last year where I share some background on what SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is, why it’s important and some tips on getting started.
If you are new to SEO, this episode will be a good place to start. But if you are a little more experienced then I’ll be sharing more ideas and advanced techniques in future episodes.
So settle in and join me while I explain some SEO basics.
What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Making changes to your website that you know (or believe) will gain a higher position in search engine results for a given keyword search.
What motivates people to search on Google?
- They want to do something
- They want to know something
- They want to go somewhere
Why is SEO important?
The first 5 results in the search engine get 68% of the clicks.
SEO Terms you should know
- SERP – Search Engine Ranking Position
- Snippet – Information on Google search result
- Impression – How often your snippet is shown
- CTR – Click Through Rate. Number of clicks compared to an impression
- Keyword – A phrase used to find something online
- Long-tail – A long and specific keyword phrase
Keywords and how to find them
- Google Trends to compare up to 4 keywords at a time
- Google Keyword Planner available as part of Google Adwords to show the average monthly searches for keywords & related keywords
- Related Searches recommendations in the Google footer
Join my Marketing Club
Get regular advice on marketing, video and the web so you become more effective in business. Pro Members get access to live webinars, exclusive discounts and other perks.