Interactive Maps and Content Personalisation
Two great presentations at last weeks Cheltenham WordPress Meetup. Here are some of the notes I took away.
Building interactive maps in leaflet.js
- Lucy Sloss (@lucysloss) from Studio Mothership
- Has a WordPress plugin (of course)
- Can choose your own tile set such as Google, Map box (also higher customisable), Open Street maps or custom image tiles
- Create own markers and pop ups content
- Works with GEOJSON map format for importing multiple locations
- Paul Lacey (@wp_paullacey) from Dickie birds
- Content personalisation – website content that changes based on the unique things it knows about the user
- Personalising experiences – Just like walking into a coffee shop when they know your name and how you like your coffee.
- Can be creepy. So respect a website users personal space
- Mutually beneficial conversion – Use personalisation where it will help you user find information or do something more quickly
- Personalisation plug-ins – logichop.com (cheapest) and if-so.com
- Logichop has Gutenberg integration
Sign up to my free Marketing Boost webinar
to kickstart your marketing for 2020.
We’re all guilty of focusing on the stuff that has little impact – vanity metrics such as Facebook Likes, website visits, or Youtube subscribers – without paying attention to the things that really matter. Customer experience.
Join me to learn how to find the right customers, create great content
and a develop a sustainable approach to marketing.