Interactive Maps and Content Personalisation
Two great presentations at last weeks Cheltenham WordPress Meetup. Here are some of the notes I took away.
Building interactive maps in leaflet.js
- Lucy Sloss (@lucysloss) from Studio Mothership
- Has a WordPress plugin (of course)
- Can choose your own tile set such as Google, Map box (also higher customisable), Open Street maps or custom image tiles
- Create own markers and pop ups content
- Works with GEOJSON map format for importing multiple locations
- Paul Lacey (@wp_paullacey) from Dickie birds
- Content personalisation – website content that changes based on the unique things it knows about the user
- Personalising experiences – Just like walking into a coffee shop when they know your name and how you like your coffee.
- Can be creepy. So respect a website users personal space
- Mutually beneficial conversion – Use personalisation where it will help you user find information or do something more quickly
- Personalisation plug-ins – logichop.com (cheapest) and if-so.com
- Logichop has Gutenberg integration
Join my Marketing Club
Get regular advice on marketing, video and the web so you become more effective in business. Pro Members get access to live webinars, exclusive discounts and other perks.